Monday, October 11, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I am so bad about updating this poor blog these days. Connor is just a ball of energy and keeps me pretty busy.

Photobucket

So how about a few updates... He's still not talking yet. He says the odd words here and there but nothing consistently other than "hot." He loves to say "hot." I'm not super worried at this point though. He babbles all day long so I know he is building his verbal skills, he just hasn't quite figured out how to form words. He is definitely understanding us these days. I am always amazed when I say something to him, or ask him to do something and then he actually does it. LOL! In my head, he is still 6 months old and has no idea what I'm saying. But if I ask him to throw something away, he does. If I ask him to put his binky in his bed (he only has it for sleeping and car rides), he does. If I ask him if he wants to go bye-bye, he brings me my shoes. It's amazing! He's turning into such a little toddler.

Photobucket

I promise I am going to ditch the binky soon, I don't know why I keep putting it off. I know it will probably be a miserable few days and I just haven't had the energy to do it yet. But I am vowing to have it GONE by 2011!

He loves sports lately. He'll watch football and hockey and laugh hysterically. I'm not sure what he finds so amusing but Pat and I laugh every time he does. We went out to a restaurant to watch the Bears game yesterday and he was laughing and squealing with delight at the game and the waiter came over and said, "Man, I hope my little boy is like that!" Pat has never looked more proud. ;) He played every sport possible growing up so he is over the moon when he sees Connor showing some kind of interest already.



Eating has actually been going a little better lately. Today he actually ate part of my sandwich from Jimmy Johns and it had cold ham, lettuce, and mayo on which are things he has refused lately. Especially mayo, or any type of sauce. He hates sauce! He doesn't like ketchup, mustard, mayo, cheese sauce, ranch...nothing. Anything he puts anything in his mouth that has something on it, he sticks on his tongue and shutters. LOL! He is such a little weirdo. But he did actually enjoy my sandwich today and then he ate really well at dinner. I'm hoping he is turning back into my little piggy. We still need to work on meat though. He doesn't really care for anything other than chicken nuggets and hotdogs. He definitely needs more than that!

We went to the pumpkin patch last weekend but didn't make it out to the pumpkins. I didn't have room in my car for the stroller (we were visiting our parents out of town) and the line was too long to wait in for the hayride. He would have never had the patience. Instead we did the kiddie area with the petting zoo and then walked through the apple orchard. Of course 10 minutes after we got there, he tripped on the gravel driveway and scraped up his poor little face. :( He ended up having a blast though. We plan to go back again next weekend when I can bring the stroller and we can walk back to the pumpkins. We haven't carved any yet and Pat is bugging me for pumpkin seeds.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, that is a little bit of what we have been up to. Hope everyone enjoyed the rest of their summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment