Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Less Than a Week

Only 6 more days until Connor turns ONE! I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that he is going to be a toddler in less than a week! He is definitely acting more toddler-like though. He dances now. When he hears music he starts rocking if he's sitting and swinging his arms or if he's standing he bounces his little butt. When you say "How big is Connor?" He lifts his arms up in the air and then we say "So big!" He loves it! He does the same thing if you say "Touchdown!" He puts his little arms in the air. We're still waiting on that first words. Pat swore he said "dog" yesterday but I'm not buying it. If I don't hear it, it didn't happen, lol!

I have been driving myself crazy for the last few weeks trying to think of something special to do for Connor's birthday. I know he is little and won't remember but I want to make it a tradition. I'm just not sure what to do. I thought about filling his room with balloons but I think that will get old after a few years, lol. I don't know. Pat thinks I'm crazy! I just want birthday's to be a big deal in our house, I'm just not sure what to do to make them super special...

We went to our nephews graduation party and a BBQ on Saturday. Connor had a lot of fun but he was definitely pooped. I think he is going through a growth spurt. All of the sudden all of his clothes are a little shorter/tighter and he has been sleeping a TON! He is taking 3 naps a day and sleeping almost 13 hours at night. I won't lie, it's pretty nice, but I'm sure it won't last so I'm trying not to get used to it. ;)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We spent a lot of time in the sun this weekend. He went swimming 3 or 4 times and I think he is slowly getting used to it. He still does not like to be out of arms reach, even in his floaty. At least he's not miserable though!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. He's so adorable! I can't believe our little ones are going to be 1 soon within a couple days!

    Maybe you can decorate his room like you said with balloons and birthday banners. My sister does that to her kids. She's been doing it for a few years now and the oldest is 10. He always wants to leave up the decorations for a while longer. I'm sure Connor will like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking thats what I'm going to do. If he outgrows it, I'll stop doing it. I think he'll love it for a while though.

    I can't believe they are going to be ONE either!! Goes by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete