Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Backdrop Attempt

I have seen lots of bloggers lately making their own backdrops and taking awesome pictures. A lot of people are using plexiglass on the bottom but I didn't have any so I went without. I'm not sure what fabric people are using either...a lot of other black backgrounds look crisper and blacker (if that makes sense). I just used felt this time around. I'm having a little trouble smoothing out lines...haven't quite figured that out yet. I'll have to ask around and get a few tips on how to make them look a little better. I know it's a little earlier but I took a few Valentine's Day inspired pictures. I found these ducks at the grocery store and figured they might be fun.

Photobucket
I cut his head off a little in this one, ugh!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I tried to be a little more creative with this picture. I'm not sure if this would be considered a success or a fail. ;)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

3 comments:

  1. Those are awesome!! He is so cute and smiley. He looks like a happy little guy.

    I used fleece for my background, but the way to make the black blacker is to increase the contrast or "blacks" in Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop. You can download a free trial on Adobe.com. I love Lightroom, because I think it is quicker to turn a good photo into a great photo. I think you did a phenomenal job though, especially since you didn't do any editing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! The burn tool will make it blacker. I use the clone tool to get rid of wrinkles/seams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried both of those things (contract and burning) and they look 10x better. thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete