Friday, January 22, 2010

Testing Out a Different Lens

It's only day 4 of my 365 day project and I'm already frustrated. Taking a picture a day is great but I'm frustrated with my camera. I'll have problems with focusing so I'll google and try to do some research. Then I attempt to apply my new "knowledge" and then the pictures are worse. I clearly don't understand what I'm reading. irritating. Connor hasn't really been interested in taking pictures for the last few days either. He starts to crawl towards me the second I sit him down. Then if he is playing and I try to get a picture, I'll call his name so he looks, and then he crawls towards me. Lol, he's not making it any easier on me. I have got to imagine a still subject is easier than a moving one.

Anyway, our living room is super small so I decided to try out the lens that came with my camera and I actually like it. I like the 50mm better but this one worked well in our small room. Its an 18-35mm (ha, I think).

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Both of those were still with my 50mm)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Those were the 18-35mm)

And here is one I took with a cream background. I actually like how it turned out.

Photobucket

I took this one with my black backdrop (obviously) and I like it better in color but I uploaded this one to photobucket on accident and I'm too lazy to go back and upload the other one.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think those are awesome photos! Dont underestimate yourself, you seem to have a great eye! I think if you have enough light in your living room, then the 18-55mm (I think it is 55mm, lol, but who knows!) would work well. The 50mm is good if you want a smaller aperature to blur the background. BTW, I love the black and white one. Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! im having a lot of fun learning all about my camera..and photoshop. but i probably do have that lens wrong, lol, i have never used it before.

    ReplyDelete