Monday, April 5, 2010

No Easter PIctures :(

So Connor's first Easter came and I didn't take any pictures of him opening his first Easter basket. :( I have the camera at my side ALL the time and take pictures of every little moment and yet it never occured to me to take pictures of him getting his basket. Sigh! Next year I guess. He did get a basket though. The Easter Bunny brought him blocks, stacking cups, one of those buckets with shape blocks in it and you put them in the little shape openings (lol, I have no idea what those are called), a remote (he loves the TV remote), and some yogurt melts instead of candy. He really likes the block so far. He loves to stack things up and tear them down so we figured they'd be perfect.

I did get some pictures with the 24-70mm lens I rented though. We went outside so he could walk with his truck without running into the TV but he was more interested in the little rockbed on the side of the apartment. I was surprised that he played for a while before he attempted to put one in his mouth.

Photobucket
I really love this picture but it's just not as crisp as I wish it was. Maybe I just don't know how to use a different lens? I don't know what I did wrong. It's an L lens so I thought photos would come out crisper than my 50mm but they don't seem to. Hmm..

Photobucket
Attempting to eat one and I said "No!" and then this was his reaction...

Photobucket

And one more of him playing with his toys and making silly faces. :)

Photobucket

Hope everyone had a great Easter!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! It's a heavy lens...and because of that it's easy to get motion blur (which is what I see when I look at the photo). What was your shutter speed? Increasing it should help and holding your other hand under the lens. So jealous, I'd love to try that lens out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant remember what my shutter speed was to be honest. the sun had already set so it may have been a little low. it definitely is a heavy lens though (compared to the 50mm at least) so that does make sense for motion blur. i'll have to keep that in mind. thanks :) you should rent it! i LOVE that i can zoom out. in my small apartment, sometimes the 50mm is a little inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! He's getting cuter by the minute!

    ReplyDelete